do '08 volkswagen jettas require synthetic oil?

BeLLa24

So...the "Brilliant" people in my life told me that oil is oil and it does not matter where I bring my car for an oil change. I am leasing an '08 volkswagen jetta. These newer cars tell you when it is time for an oil change...I was less than 100 miles to go so I decided to call VW to make an appointment. They told me $52 for an oil change..when I told some people about that they said that is wayy too much and to bring it somewheres else, because dealerships will rip you off. Well, I brought it to Monroe and paid $21. When I got back into the car my service light was still on so I went inside and asked them if they could get it off. The guy asked for my owners manual and 5 minutes later came back out and said they didn't have the right "tool" to do this and that I should go to VW. I went to VW and explained my situation! They told me NEVER bring my car some wheres except VW for an oil change!! They said my car requires synthetic oil and my motor could blow. hmm..any advice???

joythecool

well when you go to monroe, ask them to put synthetic instead of conventional oil, it might run a bit more expensive maybe ($27), but you'll still pay less. ALSO, make sure to ask monroe if thier oil change is warranty approved. This was it ensure the oil change protect your warranty by carrying only warranty approved quality products, and using manufacturer's required service intervals in recommending thier services.

good luck