Does anyone know where I can find a diagram on how to remove the header on

Dan B

Rookie
I think you mean the valve cover gasket. I assume the car has a 2.2L engine in it. I own a '97 with a 2.2 engine. There's only 8 bolts that hold the valve cover on. You may have to loosen other things to have enough room to slide it out. My experience was: "it was a pain in the butt."
As I remember, there was a coolant line that ran along the front side of it. You can loosen the fasteners and pull it aside. You'll have to loosen that black box where the throttle cable is and also pull your spark plug wires off the plugs (mark them so you'll know where to put them back) and remove their fastener from the valve cover bolt. There's a couple of emission related hard plastic hoses you'll have to pull aside on the left. The hardest part was getting that black support bracket for the throttle cable box out of the way...and you DO have to get it out of the way or you'll never get the valve cover off. Good luck and I'm glad you're doing it and not me.

Harold Sink

a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier? I am not seeing where else the parts around it are fastened to, and am having difficulty moving them out of the way. Unless I can find out how to remove these outer parts, I will not be able to replace the header gasket on the engine. This car is leaking oil really bad from there. Please, someone help!