fuel saving tips???

At today's gas prices, an improvement of one or more miles can surely add up to your budget. What are some fuel saving tips you use and you find the most effective?

Micheal73

Banned
A dirty air filter restricts the flow of air into the engine, which harms performance and economy. Air filters are easy to check and change; remove the filter and hold it up to the sun.

LOTUSKING

Rookie
I find that easing on and off of the throttle and brake pedals makes a huge difference. It seems like most people floor the throttle when a traffic light turns green and wait until the last minute to break for someone turning off the road (which they could see a quarter mile ago). Also giving yourself a car length per 10 mph will all you more time to reach to road conditions / situations.

Karboodle

Rookie
I'd recommend checking the tire pressure and taking it easy on accelerating and braking. Also, car pool and try walking to close locations!

axix245

Rookie
you should know about how to control brakes.

factors effecting fuel

Drive in rush
Aggressively start
More brakes

Dan00034

Rookie
No kidding - tidying up the car really helps. I used to carry along masses of stuff and since I rejected things I feel my car needs less fuel :)

lindadale

Rookie
No kidding - tidying up the car really helps. I used to carry along masses of stuff and since I rejected things I feel my car needs less fuel :)
It is today's most important question and hot topis.Fuel saving is really very important for all.Thank you so much for sharing.Commercial Vehicles