Harley-Davidson Announces New Engine, Four New Models for 2007

AutoXpert

Administrator
Harley-Davidson announced it's 2007 model line-up today, and the big news is a new 'Big Twin' engine, called the 'Twin Cam 96'. The 1584cc TC96 replaces the Twin Cam 88 motor, and will power all models in the Harley-Davidson Dyna, Softtail, and Touring product lines. Going hand-in-hand with the new motor is an all-new six-speed transmission, which Harley is calling the 'Cruise Drive'. Harley claims more horsepower throughout the powerband from the new motor, combined with smoother shifting and more durability from the new transmission.

The liquid-cooled V-Rod lineup features two new models, the more significant of which is the VRSCX. The VRSCX is a high-performance (or should we say higher-performance?) version of the already potent V-Rod, with bored out cylinders that boost displacement from 1130cc to 1250cc, ported cylinder heads, and other performance enhancing tricks. Designed to pay homage to the V-Rod's success in professional motorcycle drag racing, the VRSCX also features some minor styling changes.

The other new V-Rod model, the VRSCDX Night Rod Special doesn't have any major technical changes like the VRSCX does, but it does feature a super-tough styling redesign, with the bike being almost entirely blacked-out with the exception of a few orange highlights - black and orange being Harley's traditional racing colors.

The newest addition to the Softail line is the FXSTC Softail Custom. The Custom features a 'sculpted bobtail fender' wrapped around a 200mm rear tire; up front, the rider hangs on to 'factory ape hanger bars' attached to forks with 21 degrees of rake. Spoked wheels are used for the classic custom look, which is enhanced by the metalflake paint and lots of chrome.

Harley's final new release for 2007 is the XL50 50th Anniversary Sportster, which commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Sportster model's introduction. The XL50 will be produced in a limited run of just 2000 individually numbered machines, all of which feature a gorgeous gloss black finish with bright gold highlights. A serial-numbered placque decorates the handlebars atop the 1200cc V-Twin, marking the XL50's limited-production status.

4wheelsonline

Since I was a kid. I always heard that popular name Harley Davidson. And now they are announcing their new release. That's great invention. :D

Throughout 2007 and 2008, she will be featured in MotorWeb and MotorWeb Fueled ad ... Canadian Equipment Rental Fund Limited Partnership Announces 22% Increase to ... New Engine, Four New Models From Harley-Davidson (Popularity:

yamman

Rookie
The XL50 will be produced in a limited run of just 2000 individually numbered machines, all of which feature a gorgeous gloss black finish with bright gold highlights.

math34

Rookie
Since I was a kid. I always heard that popular name Harley Davidson. And now they are announcing their new release. That's great invention

The best thing in Harley Davidson is the style and power of it . I am just crazy for it .

Last edited by a moderator:
The things i like bout harley that u need to pay a lot to have one but when it comes to durability there is no bikes any were near this monster....:mad: