I am currently 19 years old and am thinking about buying between a 1999 and

sam j

2001 Lexus LX suv. Advice? Hi guys, my name is Sam, and I am currently 19 years old, but when I am 20 years old i will be purchasing my first car. I am truly thinking about buying a Lexus LX between a 1999 and a 2001 year model. I'll be paying cash for it as I am saving up my money from working. Iam still saving, but should be getting it in September at the latest, July at the earliest. I just wanna save as much money as possible. I know that it may have over 100,000 miles on it, buy I really want one. I have also read where they hold up very well mechanically, and are very safe suvs. So what do you guys think. Also since i will be 20 yrs old when I buy my first car how much will my insurance be. I am in the state of Louisiana. My car will be paid for cash when I by it. Could I get my bill of sale in my name only, and could I get it taxed, titled, registered, licensed, and insured in my name only since it will be my car? Thanks guys and please let me know. Thanks

Insurance will be extremely high, esp if you get full coverage, but paying cash you will only be required to carry the limits that your state says is the law. Call and insurance company and find out exactly what you will be looking at for your insurance premiums. Gas will be very expensive...especially at todays prices. But if you can afford the insurance and can afford the gas and you are responsible enough at 19 to have the saved the money for the vehicle you want...go for it. I wish I had been as responsible when I was 19...hell, I could barely save enough to make sure I had enough to eat during the week, and sometimes I didn't....LOL. Good LUck!!!!

Oh yea, yes you can completely register and title it in your name. And a quick note: 100k on a 7 year old vehicle is not that bad....that is only just under 13k a year. And realisticaly who only drives there car 10k a year. most leases now are based at 12-15k miles allowed per year.