I bought a car that need repair..?

vulcan1graphics

I just bought a Used 4X4 pickup from a dealership and found that it needs work.
it was with warrantee and suppose to of had a new inspection

The inspection was 5 months old
The emergency brake doesn't work
It handles like maybe alignment,fighting to keep it straight
No reverse lights
headlight bracket broke so light points toward left

I tried the vehicle out 1 week before and it seemed fine.
I called them and told them I would buy it so they said it was ready with a new sticker.

Well as mentioned above it is not road worthy.

Can I have them fix these repairs or can I get my money back,or have them replace the vehicle with another vehicle...??

I really don't wana give them a hard time but I paid 8,200.00 and think it should of been ready like they said it was....
I already took the truck home.
I have only had it for 8 hours.

The front seems tight but it wonders like aligment or bad power steering pump.

I don't believe it's safe and thats why they probably didn't get it inspected.

I don't know much about them so I had a friend look at it after and try it out and he said it wasn't safe..
he said to get my money back but I don't believe they have to give me a refund..??
There is No Lemon Law for a used Vehicle..

And the inspection was 5 months old...

They said it was newly inspected....

john M

Rookie
depending on where you live or if this was a reputave dealer if there is warintie then take it back and have them fix it
from what it sounds its noting major and you can fix it if you want but if there are that many things wrong on it i would take it back and make they fix it and have a different dealer do an inspection on the truck to make sure and make them pay for it

snizz35

Oh you wanna give them a hard time. But first find out what the lemon law is in your state!!
I mean 8 grand that's not just a few hundred bucks. And if they don't fix it for you, take them to small claims court. You won't be able to sue for 8 grand but you'll be able to sue for whatever it'll cost you to fix it!
To find out the lemon law for your state you can call the DMV or the ATTY General for your state!

And before I forget, they probably obtained the sticker fraudulently, so you might want to mention that to them, but tread carefully. People don't respond too well when accused of being con men!
Good luck!

snizz35

Oh you wanna give them a hard time. But first find out what the lemon law is in your state!!
I mean 8 grand that's not just a few hundred bucks. And if they don't fix it for you, take them to small claims court. You won't be able to sue for 8 grand but you'll be able to sue for whatever it'll cost you to fix it!
To find out the lemon law for your state you can call the DMV or the ATTY General for your state!

And before I forget, they probably obtained the sticker fraudulently, so you might want to mention that to them, but tread carefully. People don't respond too well when accused of being con men!
Good luck!

Carl

There is a law called the lemon law. Check into that law and see if that helps. Don't wait. Do it now.

Dave R

Rookie
You might have to give them a hard time, if I payed good money I want a good rig. It doesn't sound like a very good dealership so hold there feet to the flames of there warranty.

take it back, and get it fixed, nothing hard to fix there, but it shouldn't be your problem, or expense... if they make it hard for you, get firm, and threaten to take it further, if it's not roadworthy, they can't sell it..

take it back, and get it fixed, nothing hard to fix there, but it shouldn't be your problem, or expense... if they make it hard for you, get firm, and threaten to take it further, if it's not roadworthy, they can't sell it..

KKKMMM

Rookie
Brass air fittig

:)
Now that is a lot of brass air fittings there is just about every type
of air fitting that you could want. Wholesale prices too. I guess these could be used as small water pipe fitting also. I
used some of the parts to make my babington wvo bu