I have a 2003 Saab 9-5 Linear. How often do I need to change the synthetic oil?

BioChemStud

When I purchased the car, I was told to use synthetic oil and change it every 6,000 miles. However, my dad and my sister have BMWs and were told that they should used synthetic oil and change it every 15,000 miles. I paid $50 for my last oil change and I want to know how long I can go before I should get an oil change.
Please don't refer me to websites. I am looking for someone with first hand knowledge to answer this question. I will give best answer to someone who gives me a useful, knowledgable answer.

Doctrine365

Saab had a known problem with some of their engines where some brilliant engineer decided to put the catalytic converter under the oil pan so the heat will bake the oil and ruin the engine. If you have one of those engines I would change it every 2 months in the summer and 3,000 miles in the winter to be safe.

Update: Just did some research. Judging from the high ratings you probably don't have one of those problem engines. Follow the maintenance schedule for severe conditions and you'll be golden.

6000 or less is better on the any car and will keep it running longer,,,, i do mine every 3000 or so and i run synthetic also

6000 or less is better on the any car and will keep it running longer,,,, i do mine every 3000 or so and i run synthetic also