I have a lexus and had a tune up by a Schaller tire dealer. Car ran worse after...

newroomplayer

...tune up. I brought it to Lexus to see what was wrong and they informed me that the Schaller tire dealer put all the cheapest parts in it and the wrong plugs and the wires were already tearing. What should I do. I paid over $400 for this faulty tune up. This was 2 weeks ago. I had to buy another car and traded the lexus in.
This Lexus is a 1991 and Lexus dealer estimated another $600 dollars to fix the faulty tune up. He said it wasn't safe to drive because the "check" light was on so I drove it straight to a car dealer and traded it in. Since I already paid $400 2 weeks ago I didn't want to put another $600 into it not knowing if I had any recourse with Schaller.
Also, unbeknownst to me because of my stupidity I had already had a complete tune up in Oct.2006 which Lexus printed out for me so Schaller was pulling crap when they said I needed a tune up and I was not on the ball there. I am hoping I can get a refund.

Pedro S

oh please...u HAD TO trade it in because of a bad tune up...just an excuse for u to get a new car...pleassssse

You had to trade the car in? Why? Was the Lexus dealer not able to fix it? What was it 'tearing'?
Sounds like you are missing some details.

What I would have done:
Ask the Lexus dealer to put the estimate up for you in writing, and take it back to Schaller and demand your money back.
Escalate to a manager if they refuse.

If that doesn't work, keep your estimate, have Lexus to the work, and take the repair shop to small-claims court.

Even after trading it in, you can still try to sue them if they don't give you your money back. However, if you don't have an estimate for the damage they caused, it will be more difficult to win.