I ran over a chunk of wood in my 06 Volkswagen Beetle!!! HELP!!?

brittmyd

Last night I was driving and ran over a block of wood that was in the middle of the street. I took it to a shop and they looked at it, drove it, and told me it was the "belly pan" thats underneath the car under the engine. So when my car is idle, or going in slow speeds you can feel a slight vibration in the pedal. When driving faster, my car sounds/acts normal. when looking underneath the car from the front, you can clearly see the left side is pushed up more then the right. So they told me I would definitely need a new "belly pan" and that was it. So I drove it 30 minutes to the Volkswagen dealer, they looked at it, but did not drive it, and gave me a WHOLE LIST of things wrong with my car. with a grand total of $900. Here is what the dealer says that I need replaced:
Trans Pan: $180.27
Filter: $78.07
Fulid: $25.01 ea. x3
Skid Plate: $285.60
Gasket: $67.98
Pipe: $16.13
Washer: $2.52
Plug: $1.58
So any mechanics or anyone that knows anything about what I'm talking about, feel free to answer. I'd like to hear what you think, or what you think I should do!
Thank you in advance.

OK the first mechanic just told you what you need to get by. Meaning that you won't go wrong if you only do the oil pan. The dealer however did a more thorough inspection and listed off everything they could see to put it back to rights. A lot of these items you will be charged for by the previous mechanic as well. In the interest of keeping up the resale value, and since it's a newer car, I'd let the dealer handle it. Spendy yes but you can claim it on your insurance I assume.