Lexus Dealer Rip-off?

msxboxer

My Lexus dealer in Seattle constantly recommends a $700 to $1,000 service or repair work each time I take it for a service or a minor problem. It's either the rotor or the exhaust pipe replacement or the air sensor or the timing belt.
Are Lexus dealers in general reliable and trustworthy or have any of you experienced similar rip-offs and costly repair services on unsuspecting customers by these authorized dealers? Any insight or help is greatly appreciated.
P.S. - I should mention that my RX 300 is 7 years old and at 60k miles.
Thanks

Franco H

Rookie
did you buy the car brand new did you realize that the first 5 years the car was under warranty you never had to spend that much money,that is how they make cars that right after the warranty is over you are gonna start spending money in major services your car is already 7 years and low miles i bet you the car runs like new right but due cause the car is 7 years they always be recommending all other maintenance what you really got to replace with those miles in the car is the timing belt,but other than that just do your normal maintenance,the
service guy will get commision when he makes you do a major work in your car they will be ripping people off all the time,there is people that get it done and there is people that they never do it.

theyre just trying to make money off of you! so dont be weak minded. you can go to other non company named auto shops and they will do the same thing for less.

theyre just trying to make money off of you! so dont be weak minded. you can go to other non company named auto shops and they will do the same thing for less.