Lexus ES330 versus Audi A4?

il216

Rookie
I am about to buy a car: a 2004 to 2006 Lexus ES330 or Audi A4 sedan. The Lexus are only FWD, while the Audis are FWD or AWD. I'm really not much of a car person, so I'm not looking for top luxury, super fast, etc. I've just never had a really nice car, and these 2 seemed to fit the bill and have great safety records, no/few recalls, etc. Which is the better quality car? Reliable, few issues / repairs, less likely to be in the shop all the time, the better value? I'm not too worried about the price of repair parts either, because both Lexus and Audi are offering 3+ yr warranties, loaner cars during repairs, etc. I'm looking only at certified cars.

Chung Ming L

First of all the ES330 is a more spacious vehicle compare to A4. If size and luxury features is important to you pick the ES330. If brand and driving pleasure means more pick the A4. Cost of ownership or maintenance wise the ES330 will cost you less in the long run, in essence it is a beef up Camry, in fact the ES330 share a lot of common component with the Camry.