LEXUS "which one?"?

thinking of Buying a Lexus,, about a 1998 or 2002 the 98 has 87K miles it may be just a bit higher the 2002 has less miles but the price is higher... anyway
I like the GS 300/ 400 modles the best,, it just has a tight body style & it looks fast and sets just right on 20s" inch rims. SO does any one have opinions about the GS 300 / 400
1 as to Tuning them
2 performance
3 Reliability
4 major common problems ect.....?

G, L, OUT.

1) please don't ever put 20" chrome rims on the lexus, it looks gay as hell

2)they all are reliable

3) the IS250/350 are the only tunable cars sold right now (even then they have few parts out for them)

4) IS-F/IS350/SC430

5)had a lexus IS350, now have a 2008 audi S4, i like it better

Coley S

i had a lex and to tell you the truth i like hondas mazda batter sooo much more for and cheap parts my mazda is 16 years old and still goes with all the same parts but for oil brakes and will some after market stuff but for a lex its not wroth it unless you are getting a new one

Is just another Toyota Camry A-La-Mercedes Benz headlights. Sorry bud, but I think it looks ugly and with 20 in rims is too much wheel for it. But, I know, I know, that is what is in fashion now these days. Buy it if you like it, is your money. Do no forget the fuzzy dices, and the Mercedez Benz gold plated hood ornament or Superman logo...!

HeavyD

Both of these models have been extremely reliable over the years, but make sure you're not buying one from a kid or anyone who has not cared for the car properly -- ask to see maintenance records (for oil changes, etc). Also, the GS 400 will eat up a lot more gas than the 6-cylinder GS 300, and will also cost a bit more to maintain. Otherwise both great cars. One more thing? Unless you drive on roads that are as smooth as polished glass, I would avoid the 20" rims. My neighbor as a 2000 GS 300 with 19" rims and he constantly ends up with bent rims or damaged tires -- we live in Brooklyn and the quality of roads here is terrible. Yeah, I know the big dubs look great, but they make the car ride poorly and they often lead to expensive damage. D

cell200311

i would go with either, if they both been in good shape and been taken care of very well, then they will last,
i just bought a 99 GS300 and also have 20 inch rims, lol
i had high miles on it, but i knew the owners so i know it was in good hands, and for perfomence, its great and reliability, lexus is owned by toyota so it a great car that will last, and major problems... i have not came upon one yet, i hope not
anyways, i love the gs300 it still looks great =)