New 2008 Chrysler Town and Country minivan? What were they thinking?

Delay

Its plain wrong. After having the winning formula for years and finally making the major change they come out with this? A Cargo Van looking thing??? And check out the web page - the one shown is $36,000 and change. Are they mad? I loved our 03 town and country even if it had antiquated transmission vs. the competition but come on...who would pay over $30 k for a van destined to fill the fleet lots. I wonder where they get designeres these days...

http://www.chrysler.com/en/2008/town_country/?bid=0&pid=16188114&adid=139454721&rid=0

brek69amx

Rookie
I think it looks alright. The only thing I do not like is the windows on the sliding doors roll all the way down, just imagine how many kids & dogs will be jumping out.

Courtney B

Another thing, the depreciation for vans is insane, I bet next year that thing will be worth half. I'd rather spend $36,000 on something that looks worth $36,000!!

A V6, 3.5 L 275 HP Infiniti G35 coupe is like $35,000....hmmm that or the van??

Brad T

Doesn't look that bad to me. You have to make changes from time to time and they decided to go away from their typical jellybean shape that they had basically since 1996. $36,000 is very competitive for a fully loaded van.

Courtney, you can't compare two totally different classes of vehicles to each other even if they are similar in price. A Corvette and a fully loaded Diesel pickup are similar in price but that's about it. You can't compare one to the other. You have to compare like vehicle to like vehicle. Town & Country compares to Honda Odyssey and Nissan Quest, not Infinity G35 or any other car.