Opinions on (new) BMW motorcycles?

Vegas Matt

I was just wondering what people thought of BMW motorcycles, specifically their late model "urban" bikes. Any opinions would be appreciated.
By any opinion, I meant any opinion that's not stupid.

andrew65

Rookie
HiStorY OF BMW BIKeS҉
҉Motorcycle history

1921-1945
BMW's revolutionary engine and transmission unit in an R 32.
1939 BMW R 35
Harley-Davidson's BMW copy, the XA.
BMW Sahara, Poland 1944

BMW began as an aircraft engine manufacturer before World War I. With the Armistice, the Treaty of Versailles banned any German air force and thus need for aero engines, so the company turned first to making air brakes, agricultural machinery, toolboxes and office furniture. Dissatisfied with that, it eventually turned to manufacturing motorcycles. After the MB215 engine and the two stroke "Flink", 1923 saw the arrival of a complete motorcycle under the BMW name, the R 32.

The iconic circular blue and white BMW logo or roundel is often alleged to portray the movement of an airplane propeller, an interpretation that BMW adopted for convenience in 1929, which was actually twelve years after the roundel was created.[1] In fact, the emblem evolved from the circular Rapp Motorenwerke company logo, from which the BMW company grew. The Rapp logo was combined with the blue and white colors of the flag of Bavaria to produced the BMW roundel so familiar today. Thus, the logo was created before BMW ever tested an airplane engine.

Max Friz, BMW's chief designer, turned to motorcycle and car engines. Within four weeks, he had copied the now-legendary opposing flat twin cylinder engine which we know today as the boxer engine. This product was the second revolutionary product that Friz copied that firmly placed BMW AG in a profitable position.

The first boxer engine was the fore-and-aft M2B15, based on a British Douglas design. It was manufactured by BMW in 1921–1922 but mostly used in other brands of motorcycles, notably Victoria of Nuremberg. The M2B15 proved to be moderately successful and BMW used it in its own Helios motorcycle. BMW also developed and manufactured a small 2-stroke motorcycle called the Flink for a short time.҉

Micheal73

Banned
BMW to is biggest automaker automotive company in the world. I like all design of cars & bike's, which is made by BMW.