Safer Driving for Youngsters

maxjlone

Learning to drive is one of the most satisfying and challenging things you ever do. At first it can seem deceptively simple, but learning to drive is a lifetime process – you never stop learning – you adapt your knowledge and skills as you grow and develop through life. The fact is one in five new drivers has a crash within six months of passing the test, according to Brake, the road safety charity. A further 70 per cent report near misses. In 2006, 300 newly qualified drivers and their passengers were killed and 10 times as many were seriously injured – not to mention the casualties among those they plough into.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the new drivers act youngsters get six points if accumulate that they get banned .. Ok so shouldn't do it but here's my point i'm 33 got clean license but know someone with 17 points They get a days course to keep license and even drink drivers can reduce a ban by doing these!!
The kids these days pay more to learn more for tests and more to insure cars and if keep to what told are far better drivers than when my age group took their tests!!
Now my point is if the government is serious about reducind road deaths etc surely the punishments should go across the board if someone my age is repeatedly speeding jumpimg lights etc they deserve a ban AND TO DO the course!!
However they get days corse because might lose their job.... sorry but tough they did the crime not us... Doing this the roads would be safer clearere and we'd reduce emmissions... Any ideas how to convince the powers that be

aimmobile

Rookie
Learning to drive is one of the most satisfying and challenging things you ever do. At first it can seem deceptively simple, but learning to drive is a lifetime process – you never stop learning – you adapt your knowledge and skills as you grow and develop through life. The fact is one in five new drivers has a crash within six months of passing the test, according to Brake, the road safety charity. A further 70 per cent report near misses. In 2006, 300 newly qualified drivers and their passengers were killed and 10 times as many were seriously injured – not to mention the casualties among those they plough into.
Thanks for the nice advise. It is true that driving is not just a simple things to do but it is a learning process.This post will help the youngsters to be more careful in driving their own cars.