Shaun Alexander likely to play on Sunday against the Eagles?

Craig S

I think the 2005 Shaun Alexander is a thing of the past. I know his wrist has been bothering him, but he also seems to have lost a lot of his speed and some cutback ability. Watching him try to run the ball outside the tackles is particularly painful.

Maurice Morris is the smarter option at this point. He's not a premiere back, but he's a better runner than Alexander right now.

Kanwar

Is that a good thing or bad thing? This Alexander is nothing compared to the Shaun Alexander that was 2005's MVP. I think Morris or Weaver would be better on the field atleast until Alexander is 100% and is out of the cast on his wrist. But which Alexander would the Seahawks get? The 2005 MVP Alexander or the Alexander who struggled and looked tentative while adjusting to playing with the cast on his wrist?

Navigator

Alexander practiced this week for the first time in about four weeks, which is an encouraging sign in that it means he's mending. Whether that means he'll perform up to scratch, I don't know.

I expect that what'll happen on Sunday is that Holmgren will go ahead and put Alexander on the field and see how he does in spite of having a few weeks' worth of cobwebs. If Alexander turns in a series of subpar carries (even allowing for the cobweb factor), I'd look for Holmgren to re-sit Alexander and put Morris back on the field.

I think it would be more telling to see how Alexander does after another week of practice. This weekend won't necessarily be the key to determine whether "Shaun 2005" will be back. The next time Alexander's on the field will be a much greater determining factor.

Duaner

Sad to say, but I think we have already seen the best of Shaun Alexander. He will never return to his 2005 form.

Craig S

I think the 2005 Shaun Alexander is a thing of the past. I know his wrist has been bothering him, but he also seems to have lost a lot of his speed and some cutback ability. Watching him try to run the ball outside the tackles is particularly painful.

Maurice Morris is the smarter option at this point. He's not a premiere back, but he's a better runner than Alexander right now.

Navigator

Alexander practiced this week for the first time in about four weeks, which is an encouraging sign in that it means he's mending. Whether that means he'll perform up to scratch, I don't know.

I expect that what'll happen on Sunday is that Holmgren will go ahead and put Alexander on the field and see how he does in spite of having a few weeks' worth of cobwebs. If Alexander turns in a series of subpar carries (even allowing for the cobweb factor), I'd look for Holmgren to re-sit Alexander and put Morris back on the field.

I think it would be more telling to see how Alexander does after another week of practice. This weekend won't necessarily be the key to determine whether "Shaun 2005" will be back. The next time Alexander's on the field will be a much greater determining factor.