1994 ISUZU TROOPER.How much cost to replace Starter?

Angela R

I HAVE A 1994 ISUZU TROOPER AND STARTED FAILED. I banged it with hammer &car tried to turn over to start but didnt. Starter definitely gone and need new one. A lot of japaneese car makers place there starters right on top and they are easy to change. However, in the Isuzu the starter is below the car and it was hard to reach to bang it with the hammer. I believe that the piece of metal blocking me is the oil pan. The point is it looks like a lot more labor to take out that freaking starter. Wanted to get an idea if any one thats a mechanic got a ball park figure on cost. I know mechanics go into there computers &estimate labor time for jobs they are going to do. Thought before I take the car in I ask here. I am hoping no more than $250 for both part &labor but an experience person can tell me if that would be a fair price considering the location of Isuzu Trooper starter. I was worried as a women if I go to wrong place &did not show some knowlege they may try to screw me on labor cost

Brenda S

well you should visit your local junkyard, they have starters that are cheap and work and last. it should be only 35 bucks or a little more. and then see if a relative knows how to put them in.