1994 toyota camry auto antenna?

Mark F

Rookie
I recently bought this 1994 camry and the antenna doesn't work i found what two wires go to it behind the stereo but i just don't know where they go. blk/red one and a purple/pink one. do i need to hook up to a hot wire and to the stereo somewhere or ground and hot. I need some help please.

mishi h

The antenna plug is a big one, its usually black or grey and should be the biggest wire back there. It usually plugs into the lower corner of the back of the deck. Check where it plugs into the antenna as well. If its been replaced, its very possible they forgot to plug it back in.

5tonjeepman

Hi... Reading your question I immediatly think you need the power from the radio because the antenna won't work if the radio is off.. My experience, though limited in electronics leads me to this simple conclusion.. I've fixed one while in highschool autoclass that connected right to the back, it plugged right in.. Just trying to help... Good luck!!

5tonjeepman

Hi... Reading your question I immediatly think you need the power from the radio because the antenna won't work if the radio is off.. My experience, though limited in electronics leads me to this simple conclusion.. I've fixed one while in highschool autoclass that connected right to the back, it plugged right in.. Just trying to help... Good luck!!

kegwa

Hmmp...This problem was on the power of the radio. The antenna are really connected on the power of the radio.

The Corolla Matrix, better known just as the Matrix, shares the E120 and E140 platforms, and is considered the hatchback/sport wagon counterpart of the North American Corolla sedan, as the European/Australiasian Corolla hatchback is not sold there. Toyota frequently combines the sales figures of the Corolla sedan and Matrix. The Pontiac Vibe, which is the General Motors badged version of the Matrix, also shares the Corolla platform. The Pontiac Vibe was exported from Fremont, California to the Japanese market where it was badged Toyota Voltz.

TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION is a Japan-based company mainly engaged in the automobile business and financial business.