1997 Buick Lesabre 3.8L V6...major revving problem...sometimes take foot...

printscreen

...off the gas and car accellerates..... the car was at a light took off and the car started to revv real high and thought why does it have so much power then realized as I took foot off the gas that it was accellerating to like over 50km/h and i'd have to brake to slow it down. I thought maybe it was the cruise was on by accident but it wasnt and i brakes to make sure it was off but the car continued to accellerate. Taken the car out for a drive later and it didn't do it ...worried if i let the problem go It might damage something. Is it possible gas is being cut off somewhere and the engine is compensating by trying to get more gas to it. I should mention the Gas lines & gas sending unit were done by GM a few months back. It cost roughly $80 to have a code reader diagnostic .......could anyone tell me at least what they think the problem could be if they are experienced with these.

bossdave

Don't know where you are but many auto parts stores will provide a read-out of the computer free. Worth a shot, it'll point you in the general direction.

Wisdom

Rookie
Take it back with your reciet. Tell them .
Currantly you have a either a sensor or a computer problem.
The computer is being told the engine is cold.
Could also be ice in the throttle body, switch to premium fuel.