2000 V6 Mustang Saleen Clone upgrades.?

mcaz86

Man your numbers are way off... 6K more for a v-8? You can get a 99 GT for around 3K more than you are paying for that sixer. But the 8 only has 260HP. With the mods you are suggesting you won't get to 235-255. You might get to around 220 at the crank and only about 175 at the rear wheels. Keep in mind that just because a part claims 10HP it doesn't mean you can add a 10HP part with a 30HP part and instantly get 40HP. You can get decent numbers out of a sixxer, but its going to require a power adder unless you plan to dig into the motor. But for a quick, cheap gain, just add nitrous. But over time, nitrous bottle fills will add up.

3$3 h3artl3$$

My goal is to increase the horsepower on the car from 190 to about 275ish. Im also hoping to keep the gas mileage at about 20mpg in the city. So this is what i have so far, any suggestions would be great. Please dont mock the idea of fixing up a v6 mustang i am very aware that i could go spend another 6k and buy a v8 and start with the 275 but i dont have the money too so i got a v6 for 5k. What it currently has done is saleen brakes and rotors. And dual exaust. Im not sure of what brand and i really dont know how much hp the exhaust added i was told it was probably around 5-10hp. what im planning on adding is
K&n Cold Air Intake
BBk C.A.R.B Legal Headers
Jet Performance Module
and maybe changing the rear
With those mods according to what i have read i should be at about 235-255hp.
So what else can someone suggest too add other than a major performance part like a supercharger or a twin turbo?