2008 Toyota Yaris or 2008 Hyundai Accent which is better?

Gregg B

Rookie
I am going to buy a small car this year and I have narrowed it down to two small hatchback cars the Toyota Yaris and the Hyundai Accent. I have driven them both and I like both of them I just cant decided on which one to get. I narrowed them down to two cars because of the bodystyle I am wanting a two door hatchback and there arent a lot of those on the market there are plenty of four door models but few two doors. I would like anyone that has these cars to speak their opinion or anyone who knows anything about these cars in general.

Realdolby

Rookie
THE yARIS IS WITHOUT DOUBT The better car.It is not a bit like the old model it replaced.The 1400 does the job nicely a little BMW of a car.The plastics are a bit hard inside but easy to clean.

mbar3

Rookie
of the two the Yaris will hold up better but the Accent gives a little more room. the Yaris will also hold its value better although you will find small hatchbacks don't seem to hold their value well in the US with the exception of the VW golf/ rabbit (which i hope you looked at if not you should at least consider it although it is a little more expensive) the other cars on the market that are 2 door hatches to consider Ford focus, Smart Fortwo. You may have already considered these but i listed them in case you missed them. out of the list abouve i would buy the VW hands down but they are more expensive than the cars you listed in the less than 12K price range i would go with the Smart most likely unless you travel the highways often or need a rear seat then i would go with the yaris. none of these (under $12K) cars are great highway cars (the VW and ford are decent cruisers but more expensive) so for city driving i would go with the smart and for Highway driving i would pony up the extra cash for the VW.

If you have ruled out the other cars and are only considering the two you listed i would go with the yaris.

Alec

Rookie
I would get the Accent. They are more stylish inside and have the reliability of a Toyota or a Honda. Also they have alot more accessories for the money than the Toyota. I think they gat around the same mileage too.

scott9050

Rookie
If you want junk buy a G.M (Stab at the previous noob, I have owned 45 G.M.'s). Toyota is also having its fair share of recalls. I bought a 2008 Accent, the car is decent enough and I liked it better than the Yaris which I also drove. I paid under 12K out the door with auto tranny, XM radio and AC. The Yaris is also ranked lower than the Accent and has been in several magazines I have read in the past year:

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/Affordable-Small-Cars/

kegwa

Without a doubt go for yaris... Aside from manufacturers performances, yaris are really great from than accent.

Hi all
See I would like to go for 2008 Hyundai Accent in fact Accent is present form past many years and now also people like this car. Accent was the only sedan car present at that time and people had given very good feed back about this car.