'99 Cadillac Deville battery/alternator problems...Please Help!?

MilkteaDrop

The past few days I've had every neighbor and friend I can think of look at my car, trying anything to save me from an inflated mechanic bill. This is my last hope.

I can't figure out whether I just have a bad battery or my alternator is dead/dying. When I open the door to my car, the lights do come on, but as soon as I turn the key it just dies. Sometimes I heard some weird clicking noises. I have managed to jump it a few times to get it where I was going, but as soon as I turned the car off it was dead again. The last time it went dead it was still running, but someone was testing the battery so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. I was told it was the alternator, but then how was I able to get home. Can the alternater gradually die out? What should I do?

dodge man

Rookie
you need to check all your connections real good first,then if that don't help it take it to auto zone where they can check the battery and the alternator while their on the car,it sounds like you may either have a alternator draining the power from it or the battery may be going bad,either way they can tell you what it is ,and its free,it sounds like a bad alternator to me,but i cant see or hear or check the car,have them check it then you,ll know,an alternator when its going bad will drain a battery,good luck with it.have a good new years.