Bar in middle of nowhere near Parker AZ -you could ride your dirt bike to-there...

missy s

...was a band, horseshoe pit? What is this bar's name and do you know where it is??? I stayed at Buckskin and we rode dirtbikes to get there. Where on earth is it? I don't talk to the person I went there with anymore and I am so curious why nobody knows of this bar! There was a very old building where the actual alcholol was served and when I went, there were hundreds of dirtbikes there! It was in the middle of NOWHERE it seemed!!! Where and what is this bar?

sascoaz

It sounds like you are talking about the 'Nellie E. Saloon', also known as the 'The Desert Bar', which is located on an old mining claim in the Buckskin Mountains east of Parker. The original wooden shack saloon that was started in the 1980s was also sometimes called "Ken's Buckskin Bar". Due to its increasing popularity, they have grown and added on quite a few other structures since then. Although most of the buildings have an 'old west' look and feel, all of them have been built since the place was started on a whim in the 1980s (the mining claim it is located on goes back to the early 1900s however).

From Parker, AZ take Highway 95 north about 5 miles to the Cienega Springs Road turn off. Go east on the Cienega Springs Road (a dirt road) about 5 miles to the bar (follow the signs and the ATVs).

Note that the saloon is only open during daylight hours on weekends during the winter (Labor Day to Memorial Day) - it is usually not open at night, during weekdays or during the summer (expect for special occasions).

It is definitely an interesting and unique place!