BMW Pulse Generator and surging idle?

RuneAmok

I just had my "pulse generator" replaced - on my invoice it reads "faults DTML leak, exhaust cam sensor. Installed a new exhaust cam sensor and a new gas cap."

My question is was that thingy responsible for my surging idle? I had a problem with that last year and that time it was a holy hose. It started happening again, then the SES came on, and then I had this work done. It hasn't surged since but it tends to do it less when it's dry and cold anyway.

So was that what caused it, you think?

If you need to know, it's an E46 '01 330 CI with 99,000 miles in Alpine White (I'm a girl, color matters).

I'll explain the surging idle if necessary, but if you know BMW's you probably know what I'm talking about.

Mako

Rookie
I have BMW ('00 328i - in red) and the engine surges every so often. I believe it is to regulate air/fuel mixture and keep the engine clean of sludge and stuff, so I wouldn't really worry about it unless you have a big problem with it.

Mako

Rookie
I have BMW ('00 328i - in red) and the engine surges every so often. I believe it is to regulate air/fuel mixture and keep the engine clean of sludge and stuff, so I wouldn't really worry about it unless you have a big problem with it.

Mako

Rookie