Broker Offered To Buy My Vehicle, Never Paid And Won't Return My Vehicle?

nwiebe36

My husband and I purchased a 1999 F250 SuperDuty in December 2006 for his business, it is currently financed until May 2009 (we live in Texas), my husband's broker lives in Sprague River, Oregon and wanted to purchase it so my husband hauled it to his house while up north on May 5, 2007 and his broker said we would receive a check in 7-10 days. Well, that was seven months ago and he hasn't paid us a dime, doesn't answer the phone or return our calls. We have been carrying the insurance and making the monthly payments on this truck and for what? My husband got in touch with this man's girlfriend yesterday and she said we owe them $1400.00 for commission on some loads they didn't get paid for. According to my figures they owe us $3514.00 for truck and insurance payments we've made this whole time while they had our truck. This has been a NIGHTMARE!! Could someone please help me I need advice desperately, what can we do? What rights do we have? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The man was to send a cashiers check for the payoff and my husband was to send him the title and as you see it never went that far. If we had the resources before now we would have already picked it up.

Patrick

Rookie
You dropped off the truck without getting payment for it? That was your first mistake. How do they figure you owe them for loads they didn't get paid for. Did you get anything in writing? You broke every rule when it comes to selling a vehicle. It wasn't even yours to sell or transfer. You are responsible for the payments. I suggest getting the truck back from them. If that isn't possible because they won't release it to you....report it stolen because that is what they are doing...stealing it. Good luck.

moomootruck

report the truck stolen and tell ur local police and oregon police department and give his address out. he will be arrested and just say u dont know anything about it or you got a tip from a neighbor describing his identity. he will be charged with a felony for grand theft auto and he will probably lose his license as a broker and wont get hired anywhere because of his felony. should have not have given out car without money first. why do u keep paying insurnce when u dont even have car.stupid move. just call the police.