Can a used ECH Unit for a Renault Espace (2001 model) be recoded if I put it in my

Kevin C

Rookie
car? Two garages say it can, Renault dealer says it can't, another Renault dealer says it can, and parts dealer says it can't and then tried to sell me a new part.
Think the relay might have gone on the board because wipers were staying on. Anyone know how to check relay?

gsf1200

Rookie
Sorry but the unit can not be over written, the ech are built using a once only write type chipset, I work for a Nissan dealer and we sell Primastar vans which are Renault Traffic's and we have had untold amount of problems with electronics and units, the ech acts as a distribution module and it's security linked and once coded to a vehicle, that's it!!
Hope this helps.

gsf1200

Rookie
Sorry but the unit can not be over written, the ech are built using a once only write type chipset, I work for a Nissan dealer and we sell Primastar vans which are Renault Traffic's and we have had untold amount of problems with electronics and units, the ech acts as a distribution module and it's security linked and once coded to a vehicle, that's it!!
Hope this helps.