can i wire up a amp and subs to my stock radio in my lexus rx300 and does it...

Travis C

...have rca inputs already? thanks for the help if u kno anything cause i want to keep the look as stock as i can i dont wanna put a differnt deck in
and it also has a gps so wouldnt it have rca inputs

Jean

is posible but it does not going to have the RCA cables, you need the Scosche level converter, is a little device that you connect to your head unit and it give you RCA for the AMP.

http://www.mysimon.com/9015-11143_8-28138882.html they sell it on walmart for $17

Chris S

Rookie
I have installed car radios in almost every make and model and I have never seen a stock system with rca outs. But it is simple most amps will have a choice of rca inputs or speaker level inputs. All you will need to do is find the speaker wire feeding the rear speakers and "tap" into the feed to give your new amp a feed. The splices slip over the rear speaker wire and the feed wire will slide into slot next to it and all you will do is crimp a metal spade into both of the wires. Below is a link to a site that has a picture of the splice you need.
The sound quality of doing it this way is almost as good as with rca inputs. And you will not have to change your deck.

Chris S

Rookie
I have installed car radios in almost every make and model and I have never seen a stock system with rca outs. But it is simple most amps will have a choice of rca inputs or speaker level inputs. All you will need to do is find the speaker wire feeding the rear speakers and "tap" into the feed to give your new amp a feed. The splices slip over the rear speaker wire and the feed wire will slide into slot next to it and all you will do is crimp a metal spade into both of the wires. Below is a link to a site that has a picture of the splice you need.
The sound quality of doing it this way is almost as good as with rca inputs. And you will not have to change your deck.