Cannot get 2003 GMC blower motor to work?

ralphoscarelvis

I have changed the resistor pack, chased the wiring for possible burns or melting but nothing works. I did try jumping the blower motor past the resitor pack and It worked for a very short time. The blower motor is still good, but I have no power to the wiring before the resistor pack. Back when it starting acting up, I would hear a relay clicking and then one day I had to unplug the harness because the blower would run even after the ignition was shut off. I'm completely baffled, could it be a relay somewhere? I'm about ready to run a switched hot wire to the fan so I can have some heat.

paul h

Rookie
Do you have a remote start system?....could be wired in wrong or a bad relay causing problems with the blower. Sounds like an issue with the heater control fan switch or wiring...high speed fan is controlled by a relay after the fan switch, low speeds are through the fan switch and resistor...check grounds also. Jump direct power from the battery or fuse block to the resistor block inputs to see if the circuit is ok from there to the blower. Eautorepair.net has wiring diagrams and repair info..small fee.