Car advice/discussion: I have a 6 month old and I was planning to trade my 2...

en tu cabeza

...door car in on a 4 door or van.. But the 2 door seems to work fine so far. How many of you are in the same boat? I have the present car paid for and it's not worth much, but it still words great and looks great. We do have a 4door car also. I think I might just keep the 2 door for a year or two and see what happens.

Amanda

Rookie
When I bought my car, I did not have any kids. But I made sure I got a 4 door because I knew I might. I have a 2 year old now and so glad I have a 4 door. Its easier to get the car seat in and out and its easier to get her in and out too. But if your cars paid off and you dont want to deal with a new payment, then keep your 2 door.

Barbara C

Rookie
If it works with your family and it is paid for and runs well, keep it. The car payment that you would end up with can go a long way with kids. We had twins so we had to upgrade to a van. We bought a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan with a DVD palyer in it for my older children, it gets great MPG and runs wonderfully and that DVD player is a life saver.

Barbara C

Rookie
If it works with your family and it is paid for and runs well, keep it. The car payment that you would end up with can go a long way with kids. We had twins so we had to upgrade to a van. We bought a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan with a DVD palyer in it for my older children, it gets great MPG and runs wonderfully and that DVD player is a life saver.

tulips?77

If your car is paid for...keep it! If theres enough room and its safe, then save yourself the extra money every month of not having a car payment. I had an Acura MDX and had a baby 10 weeks ago....recently traded down for a Kia Sorento to cut my payments in half! (I have 3 boys so I need a bigger car)As long as it gets you from point A to B...it'll do :) I think youre playing it smart.

marianne o

are you having to move the car seat in and out now, if you are it would be cheaper just to get two carseats one for each car and I would wait a few years you might have more kids.