Car Help - UK. Can anyone advise how I replace a roof aerial on a Renault Megane?

Paul Rules

Some little idiot has ripped off the mast of my aerial but also managed to take most of the base too so I'm gonna have to fully replace my aerial.

Anyone able to give me a guide, a weblink to a guide or something similar?

Cheers.
Cheers for these quick responses...

The reason I want to do myself is because Renault dealership advised parts were £18 inc VAT which was fine, but fitting would be................ £45!

That's a joke so by hell or high water I WILL do this myself!!

Keep the answers coming!

This will involved undoing the headlining and the moulding around the windsreen pillar best to get a Haynes manual to see the exact method your aerial is fitted

jackie m

I have Ford KA and my Aeriel was ripped of by car wash - company will pay for replacement - I contacted car dealer and they say £15.00 + VAT, I have to check if that includes installing it as it sounds too cheap. I would contact a Renault Dealer and ask them.

robert s

Rookie
remove the roof lineing and cut the wire at the base of aerial mount tie some strong string to wire and pull back down through the window piller to radio fit new aerial and tie string to the wire and pull it back to the radio refit roof lineing job done