Do you have an opinion on Hyundai grand pianos?

the diva

I am a retired flutist, and I am having great fun playing the piano. Unfortunately, I only have a Yamaha keyboard that doesn't even have 88 keys.

I have up to $5000 to spend, and I am going out today to try an 8 yr old, 5" mahogony Hyundai grand piano. I didn't even know they made pianos. I would really like a Young Chang, Yamaha or Kuwai. I understand I probably won't be able to buy one of those in my price range. Is the Hyundai a worthy substitute? Is there a general feeling about it in the piano world?

As a former orchestral musician, I didn't rub shoulders with pianists, so unfortunately, I don't have a friend I can ask. I've done research on the internet, and everything I find about the Hyundai is negative. What do you think?

music is love.

No no no! You should defenatly buy a Yamaha Clavinova! They are high notch and one of the best! Hyundai, Baldwin, and Casio don't even compare! I compared pianos when i was buying mine and most musicians use Yamaha I noticed, and that's because of their great quality! Even if you don't want to believe me, just try it and compare! Trust me, you won't regret getting a Yamaha.

Good luck choosing your piano!