Does anyone own a Land Rover Discovery? If so, please read and comment.?

Suko

I am purchasing a new vehicle and Love the Land Rover Discovery. I was going to purchase an 04' model until a relative told me it would be a huge mistake. Now I am considering an Mercedes SUV. I LOVE the Land rover though and want this car so if you know of any advantages or disadvantages comments/info please help. Please only comment if you own currently or have owned a Land Rover, Thank you =)

chequemate

The Land Rovers & Range Rovers look great and are fun to drive... but a mechanical nightmare,,, they don't hold their value much because they are expensive to maintain... if you want dependability and an suv... check out the gas sucking toyota land cruiser or smaller 4runner,,, the mercedes has mixed reviews but is also expensive to maintain.

matt g

Rookie
Land Rovers are chronically unreliable and the Discovery is no exception. I assume you mean the "old shape" model. Will your budget stretch to the newer shape LR3/Discovery 3? The TDV6 is excellent and its the first all-Ford designed car so it should be much better than previous models. I used to have a '92 200 TDi model and spent more time under the bonnet than in the driving seat. But no matter, I still loved it. And they are unrivalled off road.

matt g

Rookie
Land Rovers are chronically unreliable and the Discovery is no exception. I assume you mean the "old shape" model. Will your budget stretch to the newer shape LR3/Discovery 3? The TDV6 is excellent and its the first all-Ford designed car so it should be much better than previous models. I used to have a '92 200 TDi model and spent more time under the bonnet than in the driving seat. But no matter, I still loved it. And they are unrivalled off road.

kegwa

The Land Rovers & Range Rovers look great and are fun to drive... but a mechanical nightmare,,, they don't hold their value much because they are expensive to maintain... if you want dependability and an suv... check out the gas sucking toyota land cruiser or smaller 4runner,,, the mercedes has mixed reviews but is also expensive to maintain.
I agree.. Land Rover was really fun to drive but expensive to maintain.