General Query

Hello,
I am having a query about air bags provided in cars. I have heard that the air bags which are meant for safety purpose are not totally safe for children and in some cases even for adults. Is it so? If it is so, what are situations in which it causes injury?

Hello,
I am having a query about air bags provided in cars. I have heard that the air bags which are meant for safety purpose are not totally safe for children and in some cases even for adults. Is it so? If it is so, what are situations in which it causes injury?
Basically, airbags are not dangerous for children if you use it in a proper way. There are just several rules to avoid injuries.
The first is not to put a child under 12 years old, or a child who is less than 4 feet 5 inchestall, in a private vehicle without the correct child restraint. The safest option is for them to sit in the back seat, using a correctly fitted and secured child seat or a seatbelt that's right for their weight and height.

Only let your child sit in the middle of the back seat, or in the centre seat in a van, if your vehicle has a full three-point lap and diagonal seat belt, and not just a lap belt. Otherwise, the second safest spot is behind the driver's seat.

Second, some child car seats have added protection and padding for side impacts that helps to prevent the child’s head from striking the window, or any other part of the interior.

If your car has side airbags, make sure that the child restraint does not rest against the door. Your child should be sitting properly in the seat and not leaning close to, or against, the door or window.