How do i get my 1994 GMC Jimmy out of 4 wheel low it's (a push button) stuck, and...

Neada w

...i want to fix it myself. WILL NOT DISENGAGE FROM 4 WHEEL LOW, WHEN I PUSH BUTTON. AND WON'T GO INTO 4 WHEEL HIGH AT ALL. NEED TO BE ABLE TO FIX THIS MYSELF ASAP. PLEASE HELP ME.

Bernie G

In my shop the most common repair for this symptom is replacement of the shift motor in the transfer case. Its a motor-not a solenoid. The switches on the dash also can be a problem. There are some other possibilities as well. If you cant properly diagnose the system (you need wiring diagrams minimum) you will be replacing parts until you get it right. If you choose to do it on your own replace the motor first. Check with a recycler, these little babies are a few bucks new.

expatmt

Check the wires to the shift solenoid. If they are o.k., check to see if the solenoid is working by having someone press the button when you are watching the solenoid. You should also be able to hear the solenoid click. It may have rust inside or need cleaning. If these are not the problem, you need to take it to a shop. Beau coupe bucks!