I am 16 almost 17 and am looking for a car and am wondering what the

Packerfan

insurance rats would be on a porsche 944 this would be my second car and its a really nice 1985 Porsche 944 (non-turbo) it has only 67K miles on it and is in excellent shape I am just wondering if my insurance would go up i pay about 130 $ a month on a Pontiac grand am ... would it go up? if so do you know how much?

There is no ONE insurance company that is right for everyone - everyone is rated individually - and all companies have different "likes and dis-likes", different credit tiers, different business models, and many other factors that can vary your rate - and a QUOTE is ONLY a quote until the policy is issued.

Since you are only 16, you would be best served by being insured on your parent(s)' insurance policy as you are too young to sign a contract - and an insurance policy IS a contract.
You have to be 18 to sign a contract.

Since most young drivers have a motor vehicle accidnet within 18 months of getting their license, maybe you ought to wait and get some more experience before getting a Porsche.

Typically, insurance rates will vary from State to State and can even vary by ZIPCODE! It also will depend on the type of car/truck, coverages, limits of liability, and driving record. Some companies run credit scores and MOST run a motor vehicle report and CLUE (Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange) report to see about undisclosed accident involvement.

The best thing to do is call a LOCAL independent agent or broker. Don't go across town, or to some other city - look for someone CLOSE. Just look in the phone book for the PIA or Big I (Trusted Choice) logos and you will find a professional licensed agent that will be able to help you solve your insurance problems, and give you rate comparisons of several different companies.

An independent insurance agent will normally have a dozen different companies and if he cannot help you, he should be networked with other local agents that can.

In my agency, we have companies that do NOT run a credit score and welcome drivers with "less than perfect" driving records and specialize in youthful operators!

Most of the replies on this site say "go to this on-line carrier or that on-line carrier or that 1-800 number" but I'm sure that when you do, you will find some impersonal computer user with a script to work from and you won't be able to talk with the same person every time you have a problem!

Good luck, drive RESPONSIBLY and I hope this helps!

freak101122000

it all depends on area where car is being parked. considering your 17, 2 door sports car, i would say you would pay between 200 and 300 dollars a month, but you could always shop around different insurance companys for the best qoutes..

freak101122000

it all depends on area where car is being parked. considering your 17, 2 door sports car, i would say you would pay between 200 and 300 dollars a month, but you could always shop around different insurance companys for the best qoutes..