i have £1000 - £1500 to spend on a motorcycle - Should i get finance for

gza170382800

the rest and buy a yamaha xt125? Or should i just by a cheaper new chinese motorcycle?. or possibly (but not too sure about) a second hand bike (honda, yamaha.)

have had bad experiance's with used bike's so any tips?

also does the motard version(xt125x) cope well off road?

Cheers

sofie b

Ok first things first, FORGET THE FINANCE!!! The bloody thing will take years to pay off, and as it's a 125, Im sure you will want to move onto something bigger waaay before then. One example is a mate of mine who bought a spanking new rs125 for about three grand on finance, then got bored of it after six months and ended up selling it back to the place he bought it from for £1400!!
Those japanese/korean/chinese bike are cheap, and you will find you get EXACTLY what you pay for. Balance out the cheap proce with the inability to get spares, and the inferior build of the bike, and you might see it's not worth it.
You have a reasonable budget which should sort you out with a decent little bike, as long as you shop around and do your homework. Ive just bought a pristine 2006 cbr125 (on ebay!)for just £1300, with 2000 miles on the clock and FSH. This bike would have cost hundreds more from a dealer, and will definitely do me until I pass my full test and sell it on.
You will end up paying a premium for any 125 as they are much sought after (being learner legal and thrashed by every 17 year old this side of Lincoln) but this time of year is a good time to buy, as come the summer, prices will be hiked up!
Like Ive said, you have sufficient moolah to get a decent little bike, just look around and try to take a mechanically minded mate with you when you go to view them!
Good luck, be safe, and happy biking!

sofie b

Ok first things first, FORGET THE FINANCE!!! The bloody thing will take years to pay off, and as it's a 125, Im sure you will want to move onto something bigger waaay before then. One example is a mate of mine who bought a spanking new rs125 for about three grand on finance, then got bored of it after six months and ended up selling it back to the place he bought it from for £1400!!
Those japanese/korean/chinese bike are cheap, and you will find you get EXACTLY what you pay for. Balance out the cheap proce with the inability to get spares, and the inferior build of the bike, and you might see it's not worth it.
You have a reasonable budget which should sort you out with a decent little bike, as long as you shop around and do your homework. Ive just bought a pristine 2006 cbr125 (on ebay!)for just £1300, with 2000 miles on the clock and FSH. This bike would have cost hundreds more from a dealer, and will definitely do me until I pass my full test and sell it on.
You will end up paying a premium for any 125 as they are much sought after (being learner legal and thrashed by every 17 year old this side of Lincoln) but this time of year is a good time to buy, as come the summer, prices will be hiked up!
Like Ive said, you have sufficient moolah to get a decent little bike, just look around and try to take a mechanically minded mate with you when you go to view them!
Good luck, be safe, and happy biking!