i have a daihatsu cuore car model 1999 , the pointer should be in the middle of the

fanuc

indicator of the tempratur under all conditions in summer and winter , but now days the temprature pointer goes up above the middle for 10 secounds or 20 secounds then it return again to the middle .. thats not normal ,it should be in the middle for all the times , ichecked all the cooling circuit component s, icleaned the radiator , removed the radiator thermostat , fan is ok , pipes are ok ,,no leakage of water ( i donot use the cooling liquid red or green ), and the pointer of the temprature still goes up then to the miiddle !!! during driving ,,, is it the fan works late ???? or the sensor of the temp . indicator corrupted ????

tronary

You may have a partly plugged radiator. When the thermostat opens it may take a little extra time to cool the water if some of the passages in the radiator are plugged. Make sure you have the proper pressure cap. Take it to a RADIATOR SHOP, not an auto repair, and have it checked. You say you removed the thermostat, I hope you put it back. Running plain water is not a good idea if you have a/c. You could freeze the heater coils and cause a leak. Antifreeze also raises the boiling point of the water and helps keep corrosion from doing damage if you have aluminum parts. Use a 50/50 mix and be safe. The green stuff is fine.

JOHN W

Rookie
ok it's kinda normal but what may be happening is that the thermostat is starting to stick, so the heat of the coolant has to rise just a little higher before the thermostat will open. sooner or later the thermostat will just stay stuck shut. the car will over heat and then you have real problems because the only place you can buy daihatsu parts is from some company in california or in atlanta ga. but the good news is you can go to your local parts store and purchase a thermostat for less than 20.00 and it usally takes less than an hour to install. i used to own a daihatsu rocky. best 4-wheel drive i've ever owned!