i have vauxhall vectra 1.9 diesel i spend average 10p for 1 mile on fuel?

Robby E

i drive 80 miles on a motorway mon to friday
1) is it too much and if it is what can i do to lower it
2) is it illegal or uncomfortable for other drivers at night if i drive my cat whilst having switched on the light inside my car
3) i have few scratch markes around 2 inches long (not too deep) which needs painting how you think it will cost me?

thank you in advance

Mick B

10p per mile means your car is doing about 45 mpg - not too bad for a 1.9 diesel on the motorway.

However, your second question frightens me. Why would you want to switch on the interior light while driving? Can you not remember where the controls are? If you have the interior light on, it's darker outside the car than it is inside, so you can't possibly be aware of what is happening around you, and are obviously not fit to be driving. Also, you will distract other drivers, who will be wondering why some idiot is driving with their interior light on. Take some more lessons, and learn where all the complicated things such as brake , clutch, accelerator and steering wheel are. They don't move around, so you should be able to drive even if the inside of your vehicle is in total darkness.

tatrafan

Rookie
I think the answer to question 2 is yes.
I think it would be illegal to "drive" your cat inside the car with the inside lights on and could cause distress to other motorists,

H

hharry_m_uk

1) Approx 45 mpg ...i get about that on a run in my omega diesel 2.5, so I guess that you have a slightly heavy right foot.

2) I think that it is illegal to drive at night with the interior light on but it would distract me if I did it so I drive without the interior light on

3)Go to a decent body shop and get a quote. No-one can tell you just like that, as there are too many variables.