I'm purchasing a bike in the next few weeks and am undecided on a Honda VTX or...

undecided

...Yamaha Road or V Star? The bike will be used for highway driving to work and back. I'm looking for the most reliable, nicer riding, better balance and cornering and lower maintance. Is bigger always better? Would a 1100cc or 1300cc hummm just as nice as a 1800cc down the highway. Don't want the engine screaming down the highway looking for more power. Also, what would be a good exhaust or pipes for the bike that would give it that nice low rich popping sound. I would like the neighbors to hear me a block away, not 5 blocks away. Thanks

Riverman

I have owned a Yamaha V-star custom and Yamaha V-star 1300 both great bikes, I just bought a 2008 Raider S 1900cc and it is the greatest.

serin7300

My husband had the honda vtx1300 retro (sorry, totalled it). He liked it very much for the power, but we did replace the seat with a mustang seat. Not sure about the others, and we kept the original pipes.

Riverman

I have owned a Yamaha V-star custom and Yamaha V-star 1300 both great bikes, I just bought a 2008 Raider S 1900cc and it is the greatest.

serin7300

My husband had the honda vtx1300 retro (sorry, totalled it). He liked it very much for the power, but we did replace the seat with a mustang seat. Not sure about the others, and we kept the original pipes.