In ur Chrysler/Dodge Sebring , Intrepid, family line of cars ranging 2.7-3.5v6...

Most modern engine manufacturers recommend 10w30.Using anything but what the factory recommends will void your warrenty, that said, I have been know to use a straight 5w in the winter while in the mountains of So Cal. and a straight 20w in the summer. it's thinner and causes less friction, so the engine rev's faster than another stock engine using thicker oil.

Victor

Rookie
...what grade of oil............? WHAT GRADE OF OIL DOES IT SAY TO USE & what do u use. I imagine most people use 5w-30 winter & 10w-30 rest of year. But i see some people say on here they use what the oil cap or manual says all year for example 5w-30? What does ur car use and what do u actually use. And what performance or operating differences do u see under normal conditons.

Most modern engine manufacturers recommend 10w30.Using anything but what the factory recommends will void your warrenty, that said, I have been know to use a straight 5w in the winter while in the mountains of So Cal. and a straight 20w in the summer. it's thinner and causes less friction, so the engine rev's faster than another stock engine using thicker oil.