Is the kawasaki ninja a decent first bike, or is it a piece of junk?

louie

Rookie
I got my motorcycle license, and want to see whether I like motorcycling before I make a big investment. Kawasaki bikes are definitely affordable, but will one break down right away? Also, I'm 6'2" and 200 pounds--would one be big enough for me? (If not, I'd appreciate a recommendation from someone re: a good first bike that isn't too expensive.)

chewy

Rookie
You are probably too tall for a ninja250.

Look at the Kawasaki KLX250. It is a street/trail bike. It has a seat height of 35 inches. At 6-2 it will fit you well. You can find a used one in decent shape for around $1500.

chewy

Rookie
You are probably too tall for a ninja250.

Look at the Kawasaki KLX250. It is a street/trail bike. It has a seat height of 35 inches. At 6-2 it will fit you well. You can find a used one in decent shape for around $1500.

kenhebe20

Rookie
The Kawasaki Ninja 250 is the perfect bike for a beginner. That is what I bought my girlfriend for Christmas. It isn't very heavy and it does not have a lot of power so it is a really safe bike to start with. I bought an 07 brand new for about $3500 out the door with taxes and all that good stuff.

The upside to this bike is that if you decide that you don't like bikes or that you don't like that one, they are very easy to sell and hold their value fairly well. I can't say how reliable they are cuz my girl has only had hers for about 3 months now, but parts for that bike are rediculously cheap if you do need something for it.

kenhebe20

Rookie
The Kawasaki Ninja 250 is the perfect bike for a beginner. That is what I bought my girlfriend for Christmas. It isn't very heavy and it does not have a lot of power so it is a really safe bike to start with. I bought an 07 brand new for about $3500 out the door with taxes and all that good stuff.

The upside to this bike is that if you decide that you don't like bikes or that you don't like that one, they are very easy to sell and hold their value fairly well. I can't say how reliable they are cuz my girl has only had hers for about 3 months now, but parts for that bike are rediculously cheap if you do need something for it.