Jeep Wrang '98: Gets stuck shifting, gets fixed with a restart. Do I need a

Green77

new Clutch? or is it som. else? Strange problem. Its fine after I start it and go, but if let go of the clutch at a stoplight it then will not go into 1st gear or any other gear at all. Its gotten worse. I can't take my foot off the clutch when I'm stopped or I'll get stuck at an intersection. It gets fixed if I turn the Jeep off and back on. It also gets stuck after being in reverse. Gets stuck meaning that it hangs out in neutral and won't engage 1st or 2nd mostly. I can get it into third sometimes but not all the time. It feels the same as if I haven't pushed in the clutch pedal in at all. Please Help!! I just bought this Jeep and I'm afraid I need to buy a new clutch. I called the last owner and he said that he hadn't had any problems with the clutch before. It has 120K and had a new clutch at 50K. He mentioned something about it being a compressor clutch and it may need to be blown through. I don't know.

SouthernPride

well im not real sure with out actaully playing with and looking at it i can tell for sure... y guess its yuor transmission.... maybe your clutch to

C

chey_13dog05

um i would say try a new clutch or go to a local grage and see what they say