Just brought a cruiser bike(honda shadow ace 750cc). Question re steering?

Troy D

Seems to be quite different to steer to other non-cruiser bikes I have owned (ktm, sports). Used to use alot of counter steering, with moderate body lean on past bikes, however the cruiser seems to be all about the body lean ie more deliberate changing your weight to steer the bike. Any tips re the difference in steering a cruiser? many thanks

PatriotRider

I'd have to disagree about there being absolutely no reason to move around on the seat...I learned a long time ago that shifting my butt to the high side of the saddle in low-speed, tight turns makes everything a lot more stable (just as high speed racers "hang off" the low side in high speed turns). And yes, the cruiser is going to handle differently. I just went from a Kawasaki Voyager to a Vulcan Nomad and the handling is completely different. Been two months and I'm just starting to feel pretty confident with it. Obviously the rake angle at the neck is different and the rest of the frame geometry, too. Takes some practice (good excuse to go riding, if you need one) and a little time is all.