KIA Rio 11 can it run on veg oil?

fivetoze

Rookie
yes you can, but its not as easy as you think...

i had a diesel volvo, run on oil from dirty dans burger vans... its cost me 300 quid to sort it out, and i kept it for 4yrs... without a problem.

veg oil is acidic after its been cooked in... it eats your distributor pumps innards...

you can use brand new oil, but you MUST tell swansea, coz if the man dips your tank, and you havent registered, youre nicked for avoiding duty. (tax)

and right now, its far too cold... the oil becomes like sludge... it needs to be thin as water, not like treacle...

popeye

Yes it can, but if you are interested in causing less damage to the environment then I wouldn't bother. Even according to the IPCC's (the International Panel on Climate Control) own data, if everyone in a town ran their car on 'biodiesel' then the town would become completely uninhabitable within a few years, due to the toxins produced. Look into the data in the IPCC's own website. They contradict themselves and deliberately ignore known scientific facts. Facts that have stood true for decades and even hundreds of years and would have any scientist of any calibre laughing at the ridiculously implausible and totally unfounded assumptions that have come of it. I am not an anti-ecologist. I am adamantly pro-ecologist , but I would like for a fair and unloaded (i.e. don't allow the governments to realise the tax take that they can get for forcing people to do or pay for something unnecessarily) debate. So, if the reason that you wish to change to veg oil is to save the environment, then don't because you won't. If it is for you to save a few quid and don't care about the environment and are prepared to risk the longevity of your engine then that is freely your choice. All evidence proves that petrol is still THE most efficient and clean burning fuel that we have (the IPCC have proved themselves that there is no such thing as the "Greenhouse Effect" but refuse to admit so). I could bang on for ages about other issues but I am sure that is not what you wanted. Check out the IPCC website and think carefully about what they are saying. It will make you angry. I did and I am!

popeye

Yes it can, but if you are interested in causing less damage to the environment then I wouldn't bother. Even according to the IPCC's (the International Panel on Climate Control) own data, if everyone in a town ran their car on 'biodiesel' then the town would become completely uninhabitable within a few years, due to the toxins produced. Look into the data in the IPCC's own website. They contradict themselves and deliberately ignore known scientific facts. Facts that have stood true for decades and even hundreds of years and would have any scientist of any calibre laughing at the ridiculously implausible and totally unfounded assumptions that have come of it. I am not an anti-ecologist. I am adamantly pro-ecologist , but I would like for a fair and unloaded (i.e. don't allow the governments to realise the tax take that they can get for forcing people to do or pay for something unnecessarily) debate. So, if the reason that you wish to change to veg oil is to save the environment, then don't because you won't. If it is for you to save a few quid and don't care about the environment and are prepared to risk the longevity of your engine then that is freely your choice. All evidence proves that petrol is still THE most efficient and clean burning fuel that we have (the IPCC have proved themselves that there is no such thing as the "Greenhouse Effect" but refuse to admit so). I could bang on for ages about other issues but I am sure that is not what you wanted. Check out the IPCC website and think carefully about what they are saying. It will make you angry. I did and I am!

Jason C

Rookie
Should be OK but I would recommend checking with the owners groups to make sure that there are no issues with fuel injection system.
Ja.