Land rover/Jaguar?

OUR Eli

Rookie
What do you think of the take over of the companies by the Indian firm TATA?Will it mean production being transfered to India in the long term?

Rich M

Jag's lost there spirit when they sold to Ford. After that one one cared about them any more.

Land Rover's have the highest Lemon Law's against them. Check it out on line and see.

IMO if TATA wants them they can have them.

But when it comes down on buying these cars in the future lets all stop and think where the money is going. The US is hurting and loosing this battle.

Just a thought.

Brad B

I'm sure pieces of the production process will be trasfered to india, but almost all cars are put together in several steps in many countries.

Rocknrollrich

I'm past caring for Jaguars. I used to love them until they were bought out by Ford and then they started producing all these little family cars, the X type (Mondeo in disguise) and the S type. give me the good old days of e-types, s-types and XJ's that looked gorgeous.
Their brand name was cheapened for me when they sold out.
As for Land Rovers, still the best off road 4wd's money can buy.

JaiKUBER

Certainly, isn't that what any owner would do ? It would actually increase the employment in the country as well.

Chris

Rookie
It is inevetable that the tiger economies of the east will overtake the US, especially given their current financial situation.

As for production, they could be built cheaper in India, but would the marques retain their value and hold their prices if made in India? Who knows?

spook542

Rookie
Of course it will.

Imagine you own Tata and had the choice of paying a British worker £30,000 a year or an Indian one £5,000. It's a no-brainer really.

spook542

Rookie
Of course it will.

Imagine you own Tata and had the choice of paying a British worker £30,000 a year or an Indian one £5,000. It's a no-brainer really.

spook542

Rookie
Of course it will.