Mazda 626 Transmission - Messed up by Precision Direct and asked me to pay?

MazdaDIY

I spent over $500 to get my car 90K service done in Precision Direct. After that, I started to have various problems and I have not been able to drive it for over two months! The Precision Direct gave me various reasons each time and now they told me it is is transmission. Since they did transmission flush and other services (eg. timing belt) and I had no issue with my car prior to the 90K service, I suspect that they messed up with my car. Now they want me to pay over $800 to get the transmission replaced, I don't think it is fair. They should pay for their mistakes! However, I don't know how I should talk to them so they cannot take advantage of me of knowing nothing about car. Should I take any legal actions? Your advice is highly appreciated!!!

S

stags_leap1997

If they flushed your transmission, they probably didn't damage it. Unless, and this is a big unless, they did not replace the fluids for the transmission. Due to the mileage, the transmission was probably about to die.

maddog

when a transmition get a lot of mile on them it is best to leave them a lone because the valve are warn out and flushing wil cause damage you should have been warned about this by the tech. but on the orther hand there is not mutch you can do but ask them to make good on the job. good luck