My 2005 Mazda RX 8 won't start- it may be flooded?

Hewson

My 2005 Mazda RX 8 won't start - it turns over- but won't start. I was told it may be flooded- is there a way to start it without brining it in for service?

Tim H

Rookie
Well I wont resort to name calling like that last person, but you cannot flood a fuel injected car. I agree to bring it in to the dealership if you have a warranty. Mazda includes free towing with new cars so if it is under warranty you should be able to get it towed for free. If you have had a thunderstorm recently it could also be the fuel shutoff. These are designed to shut off the fuel system if you are in an accident, but once one on my car triggered from nearby lightning. There is usually a button somewhere in the trunk labled fuel shutoff. If you cant easily see it I would find an RX-8 forum and ask where it is. If that is not it it could be any number of things. Good luck.

Tim H

Rookie
Well I wont resort to name calling like that last person, but you cannot flood a fuel injected car. I agree to bring it in to the dealership if you have a warranty. Mazda includes free towing with new cars so if it is under warranty you should be able to get it towed for free. If you have had a thunderstorm recently it could also be the fuel shutoff. These are designed to shut off the fuel system if you are in an accident, but once one on my car triggered from nearby lightning. There is usually a button somewhere in the trunk labled fuel shutoff. If you cant easily see it I would find an RX-8 forum and ask where it is. If that is not it it could be any number of things. Good luck.

Tim H

Rookie