Need help finding my First bike: Kawasaki Ninja 500 or 650 in Southern California?

hy0tt0k0

I live in So Cal and I am looking to move into a fantastic house in Fullerton, but parking is a problem. Having a motorcycle is the best option. I have only ridden a dirtbike a year or so ago, and just up and down the street. I looked and found reviews and consistantly the Kawasaki Ninja 500 or 650 Standard bike is fantastic for newbies like me, plus it doesn't look like crap! In case it matters, I'm about 5'11" 200lbs. SO MY QUESTION! Does anyone know of places that you can buy one made in the last 10 years w/ relatively low milage?
I didn't think to ask, but also if anyone knows a decent price for them too, I've looked at kbb pricing it at around 3500 and motorcycle blue book pricing it at around 4300.....Does anyone know which is more accurate?

vamedic4

Do yourself a favor and go to cycletrader.com They have good bikes and you can search nationwide or just in your area. Ebay is also a good start - but beware their prices tend to go up beyond reasonable value for used motorcycles in many cases. You'll have to search for low mileage, and I wouldn't buy a bike if it had over 10,000 miles on it unless it was an absolute steal.

Be prepared to hide your bike at night - keep it in a garage or other area out of view of eyes that may want to steal it and part it out.

Every Seen the Suzuki V Strom? That's a nice bike. Also the Kawasaki Versys...you'll be able to do more on those bikes, and get better power delivery...much more range....better ergos too.