Need to get a family vehicle, looking at Toyota, Nissan or Mazda, which do you think

Toni L

is best? I need to get a family vehicle, NOT a mini-van, but still a family vehicle. I have always owned either a Toyota or a Nissan, but lately the Mazda's CX-9 has been looking nice since it has three rows of seats and can fit my "heard" that I need to fit. Need something that can fit 2 babies, and three adults without the need to switch vehicles if we go to purchase groceries and what not. I am really looking at these brands, but I also want the best bang for my buck. Aaaand we are all tall people, the shortest adult being 5'9". I know Nissan doesn't make a crossover with three rows, but they do have the pathfinder, Toyota has the Rav4 as well as the redesigned highlander, and Mazda has the Mazda5 and Mazda CX-9. So any suggestions? I am really just looking at these brands, but I will take outside suggestions as long as it is NOT Ford, Hyundai or Chevy. Both my parents had baaad luck with these brands of vehicles. Thankyou :)

samsung7k777

I think buying a Nissan is better as it is a good Japanese car. In Japan, people own cars like that; normal bossiness man owns Toyota and Mazda, a little bit higher such as manager and so on owns Honda and Nissan is for some rich people or government people. That is a good car to choose Nissan. You will get a good quality built car.

teknic7

Sadly, imports are not imports anymore. Some of the parts are made overseas, but they're all assembled locally.

Just got a Toyota Corolla. Nice car, but the computer already went in it within 20,000 km..... Scary thought

And as far as "everyone will lose their job because you're buying an import" what a load of crap. I buy 'imports' now based solely on the North American car manufacturers starting the whole 'disposable car' theory.

But ALL car makers now want you to own a car for no more than 5 years. Just pick one with the best warranty, and get rid of it when the warranty is up. If parts start going.

If you spend more on repairs each month, than you do on your car payment, it's time to trade in.

el cuyo

toyota it's definetely your best option, but take a look at chevy vehicles they have proven to be excellent for me over the past years i have a Blazer and a GMC Jimmy both with over 100k miles on them with no problems at all. I also suggest the Honda Pilot, it;s not a crossover but it's a very spacious SUV with third row, excellent fuel economy for an SUV and it's a honda, one of the most reliable brands.

Greyhawk

Have you lost your job yet? Keep buying foreign and it's only a matter of time! Today's American made vehicles are so close in quality to the imports that you would not be able to tell the difference. You do yourself an injustice by ignoring them. Make up your mind based on your experience and perception, not hearsay.

sukbunny

My sister just looked at 7 passenger SUVs and her final 2 choices were the Hyundai Vera Cruz and the Mazda CX-9...she ended up buying the Hyundai because it was a little less expensive but I liked the Mazda better myself. The interior was really nice and it had good power. It was just named Motor Trends SUV of the year, so they must have done something right.

H

hypno_toad1

Toyota.
Without a doubt.
You do know that Mazda is made by Ford, I hope.
I've had Nissans, and haven't been as happy with them as my Toyota.
Toyota and Chevy do some crossover vehicles, but I have never had a problem with any Toyota I have ever had.

And by the way, my Toyota was built in California. By Americans.