Pressure Control Solenoid

I was wondering if anyone (mechanic) knows how to change out the pressure control solenoid in the transmission for hard shifts? I know you have to remove the front driver side tire in order to get to this side of the transmission, and thats about it. I have a friend who is a mechanic and has all the tools for the job air compressor, engine hoist, etc jus about everything. Hes pulled out engines, trannys, transfer cases the whole 9. Im just trying to get a better grasp of what this job entails for myself and maybe if he comes into any problems i can show him some hints that i can find on this post. I went to autozone and got the code of p1811. The impala is an old beater that i drive to and from work and am not looking to pay up to 1000 when i can pay my friend a couple of 100 and some beer to do, even if he messes up the car o well, scrap... Is there any pictures, websites or diagrams that can show me the process? Thanks....

kegwa

Try to ask expert from you car manufacturer. Much better if you will bring your car to the manufacturer since they all know this.